Re: Lifehouse failure

At 3:03 PM -0500 3/28/01, Jeff House wrote:
>me  "Lack of drug abuse within the band is the biggest change since the
>first go round."
>
>Jim T  "Is that considered a major factor in the downfall of Lifehouse in
>'71?  I thought it had more to do with Pete's inability to express the
>complex ideas of the Lifehouse story to the band or to the Young Vic
>audience. Especially without Kit Lambert's support."
>
>I have no idea.  My point was that (Old Who - (Booze + Drugs)) = Change.  Or
>W-(B+D)=Delta
>
>My experience is that abuse of drugs (including booze) hinders one's ability
>communicate and empathize, which kind of touches on your point about Pete's
>inability to express the ideas to the band.
>
>Jeff

I agree with your theoretical point about Pete and drugs. Your
original point referred to the whole band though, and that's what I
was replying to.

I think this (LH failure) might be discussed in the reissued WN liner
notes, but I don't have that here at work. Maybe someone else on the
list will help us out. (Brian?)

Another "change since the first go round" is that Roger, John, and
Who fans have had 30 years to figure out what Pete's Lifehouse ideas
were. Then again, these ideas have changed since '71 ('78, '99).

Jim