Re: After an album, what?

> I don't know, but a new album just sounds too good to be true... And
> frightening... Because, would The Who still be able to get in the current
> charts (and score another #2 hit with all this current pop shit?). I don't
> know...

That's how I feel at the moment.  Last year's tour was perfect.  Prayers
answered.  Can we be so lucky as to get a new album, too?  I'm old
enough to be pessimistic.

But, like I'm apt to say, I never thought we get the Townshend-turbo/WHO
tour that we experinced last Summer.  Never thought we'd get it.

But a new studio album?  And there's plenty more pressure on the band
attempting a new album.  Like Pete said, touring is easy.  They know how
to do *that.*

A new album would firstly have to be created, & secondly, accepted & at-
least appreciated in certain circles.  A bomb of an album would be too em-
barrassing.

There's still plenty of risk involved when it comes to THE WHO.  They carry
a certain amount of wisdom & integrity.

Should THE WHO risk a new studio album at this stage in their career?

Are they actually *in* a stage in their career?

I feel like I'm being "led on" by a girl.  Too much uncertainty.

 - SCHRADE in Akron