After an album, what?

keets  "I'd like to propose a topic."

Thank you!  I've been trying to think of something to propose but I couldn't
come up with anything non-sexual.  Spring is a strange thing :-)

keets  "Say The Who put out an album based on the subject matter they
flirted with last summer and follow it up another great tour.  Then what
should they do?"

I would prefer that it be a REALLY long tour, or tours.  The kind of tour
befitting a HUGELY successful album.

keets "Another album?  About what?  A concept album?  Another rock opera?
Will studio albums still be viable for past-their-peak rock groups?"

This is an interesting thought because it is very difficult to imagine any
Who after your first assumption.  Maybe it's just been a hard week with John
Phillips' death and Joey Ramone's announcement that he as lymphoma :-(

How about a concept album about death?  This is the kind of thing John could
contribute to.  Maybe with a gothic/horror style.  I just finished reading
Anne Rice's "Merrick".  Horror is a great way to tackle adult issues like
death/aging, religion, good vs evil, guilt, and it can be done with humor.

But then again, maybe not.

Jeff

"I'm proud of the re-emergence of this band" PT
"We'll be back"  RD
Mansfield, MA July 3 2000