RE: religionexposureKeith

From: "Brian Cady" <cadyb@home.com>
Subject: Re: comedy and religion

>Then wouldn't you rather have more stage banter between tracks? I would.
>Keith's BBC comedy has as much place on the boxset as a Pete Townshend
demo.
>It should have been saved as bonus tracks with "Two Sides Of The Moon."

Can't argue with you there Brian.  Guess they were trying to provide a
picture of Moon? A eulogy of sorts??? I too would have preferred to hear
Moon interacting with Pete or Rog or John on stage. Perhaps they couldn't
find enough of this sort of material.  Forget who posted it recently, but
someone stated "never will forget what Moon's personality brought to the
show".  True, true.

>You've been told many times before. Messiahs pointed to the door but no one
>had the guts to leave the temple.

IIIIIIIII'm Frreeeeee!

>From: "Brian Cady" <cadyb@home.com>
>Subject: Re: slaughterassholesvoices
>For me, if someone goes on a list and attacks me, all it does is paint them
>as a jerk and there's really nothing I can add to that.

Exactly why exposure to the list of such a "private dancer" should be the
ultimate deterrent.
Just exposure, no need to attack back.

>From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: slaughterassholesvoices
>There's always that "Block Sender" option.  It's an easy way to stop
private
>harassment, and if it's not public, then no big deal about saving face.
>Just ignore the cretins.

Not to keep dwelling on this, 'cause it really only very rarely happens, but
the "Block Sender" option only helps with repeat offenders.  And, it's not
about saving face.  I would hope people would judge me for what *I* write or
do, not from what others say about me.  It's about clearing out the assholes
via peer pressure.
To me, the thing that keeps us honest with trades or purchases and also
conduct, is the fear that if someone cheats you on a trade, you have the
ability to notify all Who fans on lists around the globe of a persons
dishonesty.  I personally value my relationship with my Who brethren, and
thus act accordingly.  I think most do as well.

>From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: Pete introduces Zak
>
>Great intro, but I don't quite follow that part about the pillow.  Does
Pete
>mean the Tooth Fairy brought him?  Who else leaves nice things under your
>pillow? <scratching head>

Yeah, funny that.  I was thinking it was some sort of implication that Zak
was created by Keith.  Or, Zak is a baby Keith (clone) that Keith lovingly
left for The Who (before the tooth fairy snatched him up).
I particularly like the "breathe new life into this band" comment.

Kevin in VT