Boxed set; Moshed by Gawd; Placenta it back

> purchasing it soon. So, I can't comment on it.  The Who box set is great
but
> I don't know why they elected to place nearly all of the "Who Sell Out' on
> it.

Because, at the time, it was the most underappreciated Who album.

> More from Tommy or Quad would have made for a much more satisfying set.

But it's hard to take pieces of those two, since they are meant to be taken
as a whole. Me, I would have liked another disc and a more balanced
selection. It seems the end "sped up" and only a few tracks were included
from the later stuff. And, of course, more unreleased stuff would have been
nice. I personally know of about 70 minutes of still unreleased material,
some of which are just different mixes true, but it's good stuff. Then there
are reports of an "album side" worth of Quad material, from which We Close
Tonight came from no doubt. I've never heard that.
Then, what's up with the live/studio mixes? And why count Pete's concert
statements as "unreleased tracks?" And why not put the Moon BBC material at
the end or on another disc?
The set was pretty good, but not great.

> I have often said that a really good rock concert is like being touched by
> God.

Jeff:

Not if you're in the Mosh pit.

>Yeah, I always receive an incredulous response something like "Man,
> you are full of shit".

I do get that spiritual feeling from time to time, at Who concerts
especially. During the first chords of Amazing Journey in 1989, and again at
the same concert when the crowd sang along with BBE. I don't remember
getting it in `75, but I was young and more into the aggression then. I did
yell myself hoarse, at least.
Quad was never spiritual for me, so that tour was just a celebration. But
last summer, in Atlanta, I got it during Relay. I started getting myself in
the right "frame of mind" and it was just starting to kick in during Relay.
I remember thinking that it was GOOD to be a Who fan. It brought tears to my
eyes, yes laugh if you must.

> Humans can't get it, unless you eat the placenta of an infected animal.

Bjorn:

DAMN! I knew I shoulda sent that plate back to the kitchen!

> Hitting "reply all" will send a post to both the original poster and the
> entire list.  This is the workaround.

Paul:

It should be mentioned that replying to the digest goes to the digest, so
those who MUST have it that way can get the list as a digest and solve their
problem.

"I suspect that had my dad not been president, he'd
  be asking the same questions: How'd your meeting go
   with so-and-so? How did you feel when you stood up in
    front of the people for the State of the Union Address
     - state of the budget address, whatever you call it."
          George "stupid enough to suspect this" Bush

               Cheers                 ML