Re: Joe Penhall

>Here's some reviews and information on Joe Penhall, the playwright that
>Pete says is now adapting Quadrophenia for the West End stage.

Wonder what they're going to use for the basis here.  Anyone want to
speculate on whether this will be more like the movie or the rock opera?
I'd love to be a fly on the wall at some of the "workshops" to see how it
goes.  It's such an exciting idea to think about how these shows develop.
Maybe they'll film a record in case they'd like to do a "making of"
documentary later.

Think they should plan a DVD of the musical?  CATS played on PBS, and it
would have been great to see TOMMY (the musical) there, or maybe on Bravo,
but I don't guess TOMMY (the musical) was ever filmed, was it?  Somebody
told me there's always a film record kept of the Broadway shows, but
bootlegs don't ever seem to surface, so you wonder if that's right.

I'm thinking about QUAD the rock opera again, too.  The beta master video
was great, but wouldn't they have film of the Hyde Park show?  Excerpts of
it were on TV, but you'd think the cameras ran through the whole show, and
they'd only edit for the TV broadcast.  If they have a film of the rock
opera, it's be great to release as promotion for the musical.

keets