Re: rock videos

>I don't really care for those "pieces / parts" videos.  The Doors have made
>some of these.  It's usually a studio version song with live shots & other
>video footage. Now, I didn't see the show you're talking about above (I'm
>still resisting getting basic cable) but the ones I *have* seen awkwardly
>try to synch up vocal video footage with the vocals on whatever song
>they're using, & it ends up looking goofy.

These were all well done.  The excerpt from the live "Kashmir" (for example)
was synced just fine--it was just a cut from the live video, as shot.  It
was the Guns and Roses video that caught my attention, though.  They didn't
even try to sync it up.  It was clips of the band performing, broken up by
the still shots and with a few effects added.  All very volatile and
kinetic.  Looked like a movie trailer, maybe.  Similar technique.  Low
budget, but a great result.

keets