RE: Rog vs. Pete and Face Dances

>The story as I heard it (from a Rog interview) was during Quad sessions
>Pete was being an asshole and going nuts.  There was a point where he was
>raging at Rog and there was a bunch of roadies holding him back because he
>said he was going to kick Roger's ass.  Rog explains it as him standing
>there with his arms folded while the roadies kept the raging Pete at bay.
>Apparently, as Schrade so eloquently put it, Pete called Rog a cunt one
>time too many
>and Rog "calmly" told the roadies to let Pete go.  Pete allegedly charged
>Rog and Roger laid him out with one punch; knocked him cold.

This is a little off the interviews I've read.  I think Pete hit Roger with
the guitar in that session and the roadies were holding Roger back.  Pete
said "let him go" and tried to hit Rog, but ended up in the hospital
instead.  Report from a Pete TV interview: "I woke up about four hours later
with short term memory problems."  Interstingly, Roger said just recently
that Pete had broken his shoulder with the guitar whack.

>For my money, it was a disasterous choice.
Mellow, chick-band sound just didn't gell well with the band that was known
as a "wall of sound".  Don't you think?

I'd like to hear them rework some of the FACE DANCES songs live with Zak on
drums.  A couple of them are really great songs, and deserve some exposure.
I would definitely like to hear them go back to something more like the live
version of "How Can You Do It Alone?"  Didn't like the way the studio
version turned out at all.

keets