Fan style - if music were sport

From: Luke Munro <lukemunro@home.com>
"The only reason I am still a fan, the absolutely ONLY reason, and the
reason I will be a fan to the bitter end, is that Roger Daltrey is the
greatest singer in history followed only by Dean Martin and Freddie
Mercury."

Luke,
So does this mean that all other attributes, actions and members of The Who
are subject to your wrath?

Warning:  New thread attempt below.

As a resident of eastern Massachusetts, the increasing volume of baseball
talk got me thinking about our little community.

If I were to transfer my Who-obsession directly over to the Red Sox, what
kind of fan would I be?  Introspection can be difficult, but an intersting
exercise in understanding myself and my baseball-obsessed associates.

What kind of fan would you be?

I think I would be the kind of Red Sox fan who exhibits the following
behavior:

- Closely follow all internet sites that have Sox information.
- Attend a few home games, save the ticket stubs.
- Watch all televised games from start to finish.
- Incur the wrath of fans who know all the stats.
- Buy two items of clothing with Sox logo.
- Buy two books on the Red Sox.
- Listen to *some* local sports talk radio.
- Find a 'net board or mail list to get involved in.
- Clear all social and business obligations when the Sox make the playoffs.
- Seek out co-workers and friends who share my interest to discuss and watch
games.
- Check out highlights of other teams to be aware of the competition.
- Increased beer consumption while watching games.
- Booing the Yankees.

Behavior I would not engage in:
- Memorization of stats.
- Baseball card collecting.
- Attendance of all home games and a few away games.
- Participate in "coach/player/management is stupid" arguments.
- Chide other fans for not being "real" fans.
- Crying.
- Booing other teams who are not the Yankees.

Jeff