RE: Music Packaging

>Couldn't agree more.
>But, I think we are what one would call "old school".
>I'm under the increasing impression that music lovers of today are a vastly
>different breed than we used to be, and are in the process of a major
>change.

I'll agree there.

>We all love the LP's and art work.  I'm of the opinion that art work has
>little relevance or interest to the younger "MP3 generation".  I know many
>younger music fans that don't bother with CD covers, or art work, and
>simply store CD's in one mass carrying cases  Then, there are the folk that
>only listen to MP3's.  Shelves of burned CD's in art-less cases.

I'm interested to hear that kids don't seem to look at the cd art at all.  I
was talking to a couple a while back that had the Who's Next cd, but somehow
never noticed what the boys were doing there at the monolith.  As I recall,
some radio stations wouldn't play the album when it came out because of that
cover.  It was a big thing then.

But, kids still love posters.  Maybe TED ought to sell the better covers as
posters instead.

>I'm a bit surprised that Pete believes that packaging will be relevant in
>music distribution in the near future.

He must have had good results with the Lifehouse packaging.  Plus, there was
a huge outcry from the bootleg community about no art for the Denver
download.  Some of that must have gotten around to Pete.

>The future?
>I see pay-per-view albums on TV.
>With the merging of TV and The Internet, it's only a matter of time before
>we can pull up our favorite album (for a price), and do a listen while
>watching images or videos relevant to that album.  From that, you'll be
>able to click on a lyric sheet, record the whole thing on DVD, look up
>relevant information via hyper-links, etc.

Interesting projection.  Probably all that on a bigscreen TV type monitor,
too.  Hmmm.  Not a bad idea.  :)

keets