Re: Art?

> The problem here is when commercial success becomes the goal of the
artist.

Keets:

Which happens as inspiration fails.

> team.  I'd put Santana's recent SUPERNATURAL in this category.  Santana
has
> always provided a good product

No...not always. Have you heard Zebop? That's a hair away from being
Journey, and intentionally so.

> voice as an artist.  This album was no exception, and I have no problems
at

I disagree; bringing modern popular artists into the mix diluted his
"artistic voice" to the point where it could have been almost any guitarist.
Supernatural is NOT a Santana album...it's an album in which he appears as a
studio musician.

> Here's where I might have a problem with that. What if The Rolling Stones
or
> The Kinks do a disco song?

Brian:

They both did (Miss You and Wish I Could Fly Like Superman). And as to
selling out, The Stones "Yes," The Kinks "No" because they were making fun
of Disco...as surely as Zappa did in Disco Boy.

> Three questions about The Who....Someone on the Stern show must be a fan!

Karyn:

They all are, despite a rift between Stern himself and Pete Townshend,
caused by Stern's reaction to Pete "coming out." Chinball Wizard...need I
say more?

> When are they going to announce?  Prices from US to Europe are
phenomenally
> low and GW Bush is sending $600 our way in the next few months!!!!  I
can't
> stand the waiting!!!

Jeff:

I wouldn't count that money quite yet. Check out the Citizens For Tax
Justice website and see what they have to say about your chances of getting
a full rebate.

"Anyway, I'm so thankful, and so gracious-I'm
  gracious that my brother Jeb is concerned
         about the hemisphere as well."
                     George "I feel pretty" Bush

               Cheers                 ML