RE: Social Crisis ?

>From: Rich <legalize@xmission.com>
>Subject: Re: This aint no social crisis - YET!
>
>I'm just not buying the argument that
>the -reason- for grunge's popularity was economic.

Well, that statement may be getting rid of the middle man.
Bad economy, effects people subtly.  You are poorer.  Or maybe your are
under employed.  Or maybe not at all.  Certain programs are cut at the
federal levels that contribute to disillusionment.  When things aren't going
well, you have a negative attitude.  When it's time for a change (like
getting the Repubs. out of the White House), the best way to get that done
is to stir up the emotions that are getting you to lean in the direction of
change in the first place.  This was all happening.
I'm also sure if we looked carefully back at that time, we could find other
contributing factors that turned peoples attention to how well Grunge was
reflecting their dissatisfaction.
It all happens on stage.
The band plays.  If the crowd doesn't respond, you're not connecting.
When they do, it's for a reason.
And when it all clicks, you have the perfect reflection.
"Got to the mirror".

>For what its worth, this list is the -only- place where I've ever seen
>that argument offered up.

I'm a socio-phylosophy nut.  Man kind is the most bizarre of all the beasts
to ever roam the land.

Kevin in VT