RE: Who forgot Who Covered Who?

> So they've completely written off the previous Who Covers Who?
> Which didn't
> "treat the songs with reverence" as far as I can tell.

I would say it did for the most part. A lot of the tunes on "Who Covers Who"
just left me thinking, "well, there's another bassist and drummer who can't
play as well as John and Keith." I also haven't heard the Chicago Who covers
CD but the Seattle one, "Who Cares" is a good example of taking Who covers
in new and exciting directions. I would certainly put it as the best of the
tribute CD's that I've heard.

> Rolling Stone has never had a good word to say about The Who since Who's
> Next.

Better to say that now they don't have a good word to say about The Who
after "The Who Sell Out." Don't forget that they gave "It's Hard" a rave
review when it came out.

        -Brian in Atlanta
         The Who This Month!
        http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm