Re: Who forgot Who Covered Who?

> The Who deserve better than a tribute album that treats their songs with
> classic-rock reverence - but that's exactly what Substitute does.

Brian:

So they've completely written off the previous Who Covers Who? Which didn't
"treat the songs with reverence" as far as I can tell. From what I'm getting
here, it sounds like WCW is a lot better even considering it being mostly
unknown artists (Blur and Ian McLagan are on it).
Rolling Stone has never had a good word to say about The Who since Who's
Next.  It's hard to give them any credit given this (seeming) prevailing
attitude.

"If a person doesn't have the capacity that we all
   want that person to have, I suspect hope is in
     the far distant future, if at all."
         George "pearls of wisdom" Bush

               Cheers                 ML