Re: Who will be denied???????????

At 13:44 19-7-01 -0400, Kev wrote:
>Jeff H. writes:
>
> >I think in the case of the original Quad, some offensive language (and
> >other sensationalism) is necessary to grab the attention of the intended
> >audience.  This type of attention grabbing is not going to help with the
> >theatre-going public.  It will repulse them.
> >
> >Here's the problem:  If you keep it "real", it ain't musical theater.
> >If it ain't musical theater, an audience is missed.  If an audience for
> >Quad is missed, the world is an uglier place.
> >
> >I'm not pissed, just emphatic.  I will not be denied!
>
>Since when did the theatre-going public turn into such prudes?????
>And, does that justify changing life?
>The play Hair would never have been the same without nudity.
>The audience got over it, and learned something about *their* society at the
>same time.
>This isn't a Disney production, is it??????

Uhhh... Will there be nudity in Quad? (I hope so, I once auditioned for
Tommy, and there where some hot birds in there!)

How about the shag scene in the alley?

And Jeff, yeah, I think Pete Townshend disrespects you. :-)

Cheers,

Bjørn Ciggaar
http://www.warande.net/~ciggaar

"You're all fucking stupid!"