Re-No Keith vs No Kit and Celtic vs Black music.

Probably got those titles wrong but you know what I mean. Excellent,Brian Cady and Scott Schrade! Just excellent! Your views on the contribution of Kit Lambert to The Who are so right. The man was not a techinically proficient recording engineer or producer,but knew when
to tell Pete or The Who that this was good,bad or needed something here or there. Or that,I think you should do this. The early career of the group may never have been as good as it was
without the guidance of Kit and Chris and the fact that Kit was the one who pushed,pronged
and made Pete beleive that he could write such ambitious projects as Tommy ans have success with it. (though the finished product on vinyl did sound weak)
I am yet to find any kind of link to The Who and celtic music except for maybe Baba O' reilly
and really that's a one off. It's an interesting proposition though, but I had always thaought that
blues,early Tamla Motown,and of course The beatles were the music that The Who first started playing and recording. 'My Generation' the album and the song itself seems to prove
that. The Fact that years later, in 1974 The Who could slow down the same song to a great
'bluesy' number on stage just tells you the whole story.
Regards,
Derick.