Re: Celtic vs. black music

> I thought it was hilarious when Wesley Snipes in "White Men Can't Jump" says
> Woody Harrelson can't understand Hendrix because he's white. Everyone
> forgets that Hendrix wasn't that popular in black America. You certainly
> didn't and don't hear it on R&B radio stations here in the States.

Hendrix was always a little disappointed by the lack of Black fans he had.  He
hoped the Band of Gypsies line up would help, & it did, but not to the extent
that he had hoped.

Also, the Black Panthers approached Jimi after he had become successful, to
see if he liked to get more "involved."  Jimi, as we know, wasn't really a person
who seeked heavy duty confrontation, so he blew 'em off.  That pissed off some
of his black fan base right there.

You know, they say Jimi slept with his guitar when he was in the army.  Really.

- SCHRADE in Akron