RE: FeelingsonRostrum's

>From: "Brian Cady" <cadyb@home.com>
>Subject: Pete the Liar
>
>> I think he says what he feels.  Feelings come from different directions
at
>> times.  Alone, they may not add up.  But, put them all together, and it
>> paints a pretty clear picture.
>
>Pete doesn't know what he feels or thinks about something
>until he works it out by speaking aloud. That's what makes what he says
such
>a direct expression of his feelings and why it so often doesn't fit with
>what he's said before. He's not taking the time to think, "now does this
>contradict what I've said before?"

YES!  Thanks for taking what I was *trying* to say, and making it
understandable.
And, while there may be contradictions, there is always something to learn
from listening/reading about what he is "speaking aloud" about.  *That's*
the "clear picture" that I was referring to.

>From: "Neil E. Weissman" <neilweissman@yahoo.com>
>Subject: Re: Trivia Time !!!!!!!!
>
>> Ok, time for some trivia..........
>> What is a Rostrum, and what Who song is it referenced in?
>
>Sally Simpson.

Not that I'm surprised at all, but isn't it something how we Who fans can
place a song (and not the most famous or popular song at that!) by just one
word???

>A stage?

Yes indeed.
I finally got motivated to just pull out my dictionary.........as did Paul.

>From: "Jeff House" <whocasa@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: Trivia Time !!!!!!!!
>
>From: "Paul M. Moriarty" <pmm@igtc.com>
>"1 [Latin Rostra, plural, a platform for speakers in the Roman Forum
>decorated with the beaks of captured ships, from plural of rostrum] a : an
>ancient Roman platform for public orators b : a stage for public speaking
c:
>a raised platform on a stage
>2 : the curved end of a ship's prow; especially : the beak of a war galley
>3 : a bodily part or process suggesting a bird's bill: as a : the beak,
>snout, or proboscis of any of various insects or arachnids b : the often
>spinelike anterior median prolongation of the carapace of a crustacean (as
>crayfish or lobster)"
>
>What a great Who/Pete word!  Meanings 1 & 3 are perfect.  Good one Kevin
:-)

Sorry, can't take credit for that association.  Hell, I just wanted to know
what it meant.  I thought it was a special platform *near* the stage (poor
sally).
BUT, really, #2 fits too if you consider Pete's affection for the sea and
sailing!!

Who would come up with such a word in a rock song???
Leave it to an art major in the know.

Kevin in VT