RE: BBC2 History of the Marquee

Well, listened to the first hour show that covered from the beginning to
1966. None of The Who participated but they gave them about 2 or 3 minutes
and played "I Can't Explain." Somebody told a story about hearing the song
"I Can't Explain" over and over again and finding out The Who were
practicing miming to the song to make it look perfect before their first TV
appearance.

David Bowie was interviewed and, unfortunately, it turned into "The David
Bowie Story" for long stretches. Otherwise it was a good overview.

"That was the early Moody Blues with Denny Laine before they got into that
Knights in Silk Underwear thing." - David Bowie

        -Brian in Atlanta
         The Who This Month!
        http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm