Re: Get Funky

>Punk came from black music. Every form of US music, well except for
>Country, came (at least partly) from Gospel. And all British Rock came from
>US music.

That's a pretty broad statement.  Aren't you ignoring other likely
influences?  Latin is big right now.  Where's folk in all this?  Irish
music?  Eastern?  Every ethnic groups has it's own tradition, which becomes
part of the general melting pot.  Country music has it's own gospel form,
BTW, that's unlikely to be based on black music.

> > I'm still working on that theory that Who music is Celtic tribal music
>
>Good luck!

Hey, why not?  Everybody forgets that white folks are from a tribal
background and have very strong musical traditions.  It may be a thousand
years since tribalism was big, and everybody is migrated to hell and gone,
but some folks still keep track.  I've been reading up on Irish tribes.  Is
this Roger, BTW: Ó Dochartaigh?  :)

> > Richard is always a little disparaging of Townshend. He didn't stay with
>"the one true way."
>
>But Richards never advanced as a musician. His best (recorded) lead was on
>Sympathy For The Devil, 4 years into a (so far) 36 year career.

That's the problem with being a follower, rather than a leader.  Richards is
even a pretty slack imitator.  Ever watch HAIL, HAIL, ROCK AND ROLL?  Chuck
Berry complains about his guitar work in rehearsal, shows him how to do it,
and Richards still misses it in the final show.  Clapton is the real thing,
though.

keets