Re: Pete's testimonial

>I am saying that the forum that he was speaking in (NA/AA) is built on the
>precept that what is said inside the group will remain in the group.  It is
>not an interview.  It is akin to a psychotherapy session, where
>confidentiality is essential.
>
>I've often wondered how celebrities are able to get into the 12-step
>programs and really become part of a group.

I can think of reasons to tape the sessions, such as legal issues, if
someone sued because they were mis-treated, etc.  As long as the
participants know they're being taped and the tapes are kept confidential, I
don't think this would be a privacy issue.

I guess you're saying that celebrity tapes are unlikely to be kept
confidential?  I can see that all the employees might bootleg them around.

keets