Re: Re: Letter to the President of the USA

 From: Alan McKendree <amck@thenetdr.com>
 Subject: Re: Letter to the President of the USA

 >Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 04:24:33 EDT
 >From: PellegrinoLand@aol.com
 >
 >Can no one else read between the lines a
 >little and detect that "donnelly quinn" obviously has a problem with Black
 >people?

 Oh, I don't know.  I got the impression his problem was with those
 promoting a holy war against America.  The fact that most of those
 espousing that view are darker-skinned than your average Utah
 inhabitant is, I think, beside the point.

WHICH "DARK-SKINNED" PEOPLE ARE PROMOTING A HOLY WAR AGAINST AMERICA? WHERE
IS YOUR EVIDENCE? WHAT COLOR WAS TIM MCVEIGH (ASSUMING YOU'VE HEARD OF HIM)?
WHAT COLOR ARE MOST ANTIGOVERNMENT TYPES?

 >Anyone heard of John Ashcroft?

 Nope.  Not sure this is the venue, but feel free to mail me offline
 if I should know.  As far as that goes, you can write me with
 evidence that GWB Jr. is an evil racist, too.

EXHIBIT #1 - JOHN ASHCROFT :

Ashcroft vigorously opposes any form of affirmative action and has opposed
other anti-discrimination programs. He voted to weaken the Community
Reinvestment Act (CRA), a federal law that discourages banks from "redlining"
minority areas in inner cities.

In 1999, Ashcroft delivered the commencement address at and accepted an
honorary degree from Bob Jones University, which is infamous for its racially
discriminatory policies.

In 1998, Ashcroft praised the magazine Southern Partisan, which has been a
major forum for neo-Confederate views, including the recurring theme that
slavery was beneficial to the slaves. Ashcroft praised the magazine for
"help[ing] to set the record straight" against what he called "attacks the
revisionists have brought against our founders." He added, "I've got to do
more. We've all got to stand up and speak in this respect, or else we'll be
taught that these people were giving their lives, subscribing their sacred
fortunes and their honor to some perverted agenda." Southern Partisan's
merchandising operation, the "Southern Partisan General Store," has offered a
T-shirt celebrating the assassination of Abraham Lincoln.

As Missouri Attorney General and Governor, Ashcroft strenuously opposed
school desegregation ordered by federal courts in St. Louis and Kansas City,
opposing even a voluntary city-suburb desegregation plan in St. Louis.

In 1999, Ashcroft led a deceptive campaign to block the federal judicial
nomination of Judge Ronnie White, the first African American judge on the
Missouri State Supreme Court.  <A
HREF="http://www.opposeashcroft.com/facts/white.phtml">Click here: PFAW |
Oppose Ashcroft | Ronnie White</A>