Re: BBC Sessions and The Ox as a team player

>I've been thinking about The Ox's summer activities.  Some people have said
>it is kind of pathetic that he is playing in a Beatles cover outfit.  I
>think it really shows that he is a smart, classy venture for him.  He's out
>on the road with his JEB bandmates, giving them an oppportunity to show
>their stuff with some fine well-established musicians.  He gets to stretch
>his own style out a bit in preparation for more TED collaboration.  All
>this without risking his own money on the venture.  It seems pretty smart
to me.

I think so, too.  Like he said, most people who are available to play with
are less famous than he is, and if he set some criterion of famousness, then
he wouldn't play.  The point where you think you're too good to perform is
where you stop learning, BTW.  I'd like to see him spread out a little more,
though.  Wouldn't you love to seem him play some gig with (Nigel) Kennedy?

keets