Re: Letter to the President of the USA

From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
"I dunno.  What's that song?  "I look all white, but..."  And the British
might still have some nefarious plans to take back the colonies."

This thread is highly amusing.

It makes me think of The Who episode of "Freaks and Geeks" where Lindsey
(the geek who wants to be a freak) asked her parents' permission to go to a
Who concert.  Mom and Dad sit down with "The Who By Numbers" and are smiling
to "Squeeze Box", until the "She goes in and out, in and out" lines.  Dad's
face turns to disgust and he says "I know what that's about!  No daughter of
mine is going to any such concert!"

The whole notion that The Who's music is any more morally correct than any
other is ridiculous.  Examples:

"Take a little dope, walk out in the air."  <encouraging drug use>
"What is it, I'll take it.  Who is she, I'll rape it." <drugs and rape>
"Lady of the night, won't you steal away with me?" <pro prostitution>
"Messiahs pointed to the door, but noone had the guts to leave the temple."
<anti-Christian>

There are just too many to list here.

Jeff