More on younger Who fans and all that

Bjorn:-
> kinda go with the flow (well, MOST of them). :-) It's only 'natural'. And
> when you get older you start to think more independent.
You’re right, for most people, it all seems to be a part of growing up.
Jeff:-
> You want to hear pathetic? Confession:  I was in the Kiss Army.
What I know about Kiss could be written on a grain of rice,
so I don’t know how pathetic that is!!
Scott Schrade:-
> But you're right; about 14 or 15 is when the serious shit starts happening.
> I think by that point, you're either going to be a music freak or you're going
> to blindly swallow what's fed to you via the radio, T.V., & print media.
Exactly, that seems to be the way with people my age I know, when it comes
to musical tastes, the teenyboppers tend to grow out of it all by 14/15, and it’s
then when people either develop their own individual taste in music, or just
move on to other popular music, when I say popular, I mean all the stuff that’s
constantly on the radio and TV and all that.  I grew out of it at 14 on moved
on to Blur, then the Beatles, and after 18 months of being a Beatles-freak I
discovered the Who and the Kinks and many more bands.
> Remember, all the current Britney, N'Stink (that's funny!), etc. fans *aren't* going
> to be flooding the internet 15 years from now
True, before too long there’ll be a new bunch of teenyboppers and new bands
 for them, and Britney and co. will be forgotten.  They don’t have staying power,
 not like the Who.  What’s the chances of a 16 year old in 2030, say, getting
into someone like Britney in the same way I got into the Who a few years ago
when I was 16??
> After all, they're only idiots.  "Forgive them, Father, for they know not what they
> do."
Yeah!!

On the subject of being lonely Who fans, I never met any Who fans at school, 6th form and none at university yet either, I’ve only ever met one Beatles fan, and one mod and that’s it.  At least being on lists like the Glowgirls confirms there are other young people out there with a taste in music like mine.

When I was living in university last year, I’d tried getting my room-mate (who liked Britney, Steps, S Club 7 and that sort of thing) to listen to the Who, but she said it was too depressing and wasn’t feel good music!!

from Christine