RE: QuadNewAlbumWhoSchool - SPANK ME!

>From: "Scott Schrade" <schrade@akrobiz.com>
>Subject: Re:  Weak link in Quad???
>
>We're not talking about *removing*
>a song from QUAD!  Heaven forbid!  We just want know your least favorite
>song.

Yes, yes! Let's not forget that.  I like Bell Boy, I really do!!!  (more
penance........) I just don't like it as much as the others on the album
(more penance.........).

I still haven't seen an answer from Keets. :-)

But Scott, And I Moved?   How was it that you put
it.................."eeeeeewwwwww".
Maybe I need to re-listen to that.
To this day I hate Bette Midler due to that song!
And perhaps have a prejudice to the song as a result.

>From: Jeff House <jjthandmeh@juno.com>
>Subject: another model for new album?
>
>By the way, I hope Who-land isn't expecting Pete/TED to produce another 'My
>Generation',  'Tommy' 'Lifehouse/WN' 'Quad' 'WBN' 'WAY'.  That  is not in
>the cards.
>Jeff
>
>From: Pilam76@aol.com
>Subject: new album
>
>when it comes of what to expect on a new album, i would look for something
>comparable to the who by numbers album. an album that dill well but the who

>werent under pressure to play it on stage in full like quADROPHENIA, tommy,

>or lifehouse/whos next.

I don't know, you two.  From the new versions of TKAA and MG, it's seems
clear that The Who is looking to make a stamp about their current relevance
to today's music.  Kind of a "let's tie the past to the present" kind of
thing.  I'm not saying we're going to see a full blown "theme album" like
Tommy or Quad (I wish), but I think we'll see a very clear theme current.
Actually, as I write, I'm feeling more convinced that the album (yes Scott,
if they release an album ;) *will* be a theme album.  TED seem like they
have something to say.  And, I think it could easily be of the par of "MG,
Tommy, Lifehouse/WN, Qad, WBN, WAY".  Why not?  It's still Pete writing, and
it's still John and Rog.  And now they're working with a drummer they (we)
all think fits. It has the potential to be quite powerful and driving.  I
think they'll be psyched to tour it too.
I can't help but feel that they enjoyed themselves so much this tour, that
they're almost doing this new album to give them a reason to tour again.
Ok, ok, a bit of a stretch, but............
Really, I think they have a message.  It's going to be big.

WHO SCHOOL:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?
Definitely started in the "American School".  But, quickly became an
appreciator of the "English School".  Only to be finally convinced that the
Live School did in fact have a relevance, as the reputation of "greatest
live band" became real, as all those live shows we'd heard so much about
started to become available.
The IOW video was truly the "holy grail".
I'll never forget watching that for the first time.
Just to see Keith flying off his chair to emphasize the down notes while
playing Tommy.
KILLER!!!!

So now?
I'm in all schools.
I love the early stuff.  I love the studio stuff.  I love the live stuff.
And hey, I even love the Kenney stuff (not that that should be considered
separately or anything ;)

Kevin in VT.

BTW, to get political for a moment.
Did everyone catch that clip of GW patting his wife repeatedly on the ass as
he introduced her at a rally on Friday???
Nice image, that!
Now, think for a moment what we (Americans/the world) would think if we saw
Miderand, or Major, or Kohl, or Putin, or any other world leader do
that??????
$10 says GW's wife took him to the cleaners after that.
What a Marooon.