Re: The Three Schools Of The Who

Prior to 2000, I was an unqualified member of the American School.

During the 2000 tour I think I have become more of an ultra-modernist.
The current incarnation is most compelling to me now.  My touchstone
recordings are Pete's MP3s.  I am now listening to stuff from all phases,
but I find myself going back to the 2000 recordings most often.

Last night I finally had a chance to view an audience video from 10/6 @
MSG.  Mrs House is out of town for a few days, so I was able to set up
the living room for the proper mood to settle in and view it.  Lights
out, I hooked my shitty stereo up to the VCR and cranked up the volume.
Now this is the 1st such video I have seen (and the sound is not perfect)
but I think it a testament to my current ultra-modernist fandom that I
was glued to the chair for 2 hours.  I felt transported back to the shows
I saw this year and the excitement I felt then.  TED is cool now.  Moon
is dead.  Long live Zak!

I am not sure if I am becoming more of a Live School guy or if I'm
starting my own school.

Great thread starter, Brian.
Thanks for the video Kevin Cotrupe.

Jeff

"Together, we will reclaim America's schools, before ignorance and apathy
claim more young lives.
We will reform Social Security and Medicare, sparing our children from
struggles we have the power to prevent. And we will reduce taxes, to
recover the momentum of our economy and reward the effort and enterprise
of working Americans.
We will build our defenses beyond challenge, lest weakness invite
challenge.
We will confront weapons of mass destruction, so that a new century is
spared new horrors. "

Pres. GW "Fuzzy Math" Bush today, explaining his plan to increase
spending and decrease revenue.