another model for new album?

Here's an article about the soon to be released Clapton album

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/newsarticle.asp?nid=13027&afl=mnew

Before you all toss out violent "Clapton sucks" streams, please consider
that I am not saying that EC has the right to lick the ground that TED walk
on.   Although, I am keeping my ears open for Clapton US tour info :-)

Clapton has shown a tremendously open mind when it comes to experimenting
with styles and personnel.  And he has been pretty prolific in his mid/old
age.  He has even written some fine pop songs with mature themes like
fatherhood and death.  As a Who fan hungering for more TED and new PT songs,
I think Pete could take a cue or two from Slowhand.

By the way, I hope Who-land isn't expecting Pete/TED to produce another 'My
Generation',  'Tommy' 'Lifehouse/WN' 'Quad' 'WBN' 'WAY'.  That  is not in
the cards.

Jeff

"All you Democrats and other people who voted for Gore, get behind our new
president. He's the president of all of us ... you know, so support him even
though he's kind of stupid and he stole the election." Al Franken