A late opinion on thw Who?Rush thing

I remember hearing Rush's first album (what a cheap cheesy cover, but boy,
what a loud guitar band). I bought it - Working Man is still a favourite. I
bought their second album - Fly By Night. It wasn't nearly so strong, but
hey,...Then I saw them live. (sneaked in free too!). wow, they were still a
great guitar band.

Then came 2112. I couldn't decide whether they needed to get off the drugs,
or to get on them. Anyway, I keep an eye on their stuff, purchasing the odd
album (no pun intended) over the years.

How do I see the two bands - technical verses heart. The Who, Pete's
writing, and their live work had a message for me. They also had anger,
angst, frustration. They had/have heart. To me, Rush has never shown these
qualities - they just have complex meanings, song structures, and technical
expertise. No doubt about it, a great band, but so different then the Who,
I can't compare musicans or musicianship, as my love of style and heart
would definitely colour my votes.

What brand of car could Rush sell? Volvo?. ;)

Steve