RE: Who rush

>From: Lucas Bleicher <lbleicher@yahoo.com>
>Subject: Rush & Who, Prog-rock, etc.
>
>In the meanwhile, O'Neal, Kevin W.
>(someone once told me that
>Nirvana's bassist was better than Entwistle. THAT is a
>shock).

Varying degrees of shock, I guess.
I'm immediately suspect of anyone who states that someone is better than
John.  I'm not that way with all artists, but with John, it's pretty easy.

<<< You have got to be *fucking* kidding me!
>>>Alex Lifeson????????????????

>Well, in fact I heard that opinion from many people.

You're hanging around the wrong people. ;-)

>The guitarist in my band (which is an enthusiast of
>the likes of Yngwie Malmsteen) uses to say that Alex
>Lifeson is Rush's doom,

He was.  Or was it Rush's attempt at becoming a "serious, mind provoking
band" that was their doom?  Was it just me, or did others lose interest
during/after P/G?
To me (or another way.....IMHO), Rush tried to get "deep", and just
couldn't.
It's like The Who were/are "Dean Winter" where everyone listens, and Rush
was like H&R Block.
(silly analogy, I know, but there is a point there :)
So, can we deduce.............Rush = A Who Wanna-be ??????

>Ok, "technically" Alex is maybe
>"inferior" to the other two, <snip> I
>think that Alex Lifeson plays a very important role on
>Rush,

No argument.  But we're not really saying much.

>Well, do you think that Alex Lifeson is on the same
>level as, say, Johnny Ramone???

Never really cared too much for The Ramones.  Had a friend that tried to OD
me on them.  I've never really concentrated on the individual talents of The
Ramones.  Probably for good reason.
As a whole, I'd put Rush ahead of The Ramones, for what ever that's worth.

Kevin in VT