Re: Pete/John

> > > "A Quick One" just sounds like John to me.  The twist to make it into a
> >sexual adventure is pure Pete, of course.
> >
> >Surely Pete would've given John co-writing credit, yes?
>
> In the normal scheme of things, yes.  But I'm under the impression that much
> of the music was collaborative back then, and all the songs are still
> credited to Pete.  Maybe that was only because he was the designated
> songwriter and management thought his name would sell the songs

Well, I've never heard too much deviation from Pete's demos & WHO
versions (structure-wise, of course).  But Pete *has* said that turning a song
over to The WHO was like putting it through a meat grinder.  In that sense,
Entwistle & Moon might help structure a song through their *playing.*

But I'm sure OX made his share of comments & suggestions during prac-
tices & so forth.  Practices.  That's a hazy part of WHO history, isn't it?
When & where did The WHO practice?  Especially in the earlier days.

I know they worked a lot of the stuff out live, while playing in front of
an audience.  But on occasions they needed to practice, what really went
on?  What was a WHO practice like?  That's something I'd like to ask Pete.

- SCHRADE in Akron