White City & Dressing Rooms

> I love the way WHITE CITY starts,
> but it's just too ambiguous, so I haven't watched it more than a couple of
> times

And I like the way it ends.  Intentionally not showing the couple getting back
together (hugs, kisses, etc.) while letting their only communication be a smile
that each gives the other from across a vast swimming pool.  This nicely shows
that an effort of reconciliation *will* be made despite the obstacles created by
their dreadful separation.  No dialogue needed.  Just their awkward, unsure
smiles accomplish the desired effect without giving in to some cliche reunion.

Then again, I really enjoy the WHITE CITY 'moviette' so I'm biased!

> >"Pete & I just don't feel comfortable in each other's company."
> >
> >Of course, now they're 'mates' again.  Sharing dressing rooms.  Who knows.
>
> I don't think they were quite that chummy.  During the tour, Pete did a
> couple of diaries where he mentioned his PRIVATE dressing room.

Tsk, tsk.  And after Roger proclaimed in every other interview that he & Pete
were sharing dressing rooms again.  Maybe Pete had two dressing rooms.  One
*with* Roger for when he *was* in the mood to 'hang out' & one *private* dres-
sing room for when he wasn't.

Boy, the shit Daltrey has to put up with!

- SCHRADE in Akron