The kids may be alright, but not to write for

>It was interesting that Pete's songs were withdrawn from the "Iron Giant"
>project.

Keets:

Were they withdrawn, or never considered? The end result wasn't a musical,
so it's not like they decided against them for other, perhaps more
commercials songs.

>I think we already heard the new modern version of The Who this summer.  A
>bunch of older fans complained about the sound, but the kids seemed to like
>it, so I'd figure TED were right on the money.  They do know their
business.

What modern sound do you mean? This old fan heard The Who as they were LAL
era plus a keyboard (hardly modern). To me, they sounded more modern with WN
or Quad than on this last tour. And someone complained???

>Who.  I could see them doing work for children if they all cooperated on a
>project.

I can't see it...The Who were never about children, with the possible
exception of some of their weaker songs like Happy Jack. But more than
anything else, lyrically and musically, they were about tension, frustration
and unresolved anger.

    "I appreciate that question because I, in the state of Texas,
       had heard a lot of discussion about a faith-based initiative
            eroding the important bridge between church and state."
                     George "I don't get it" Bush

               Cheers                 ML