Re: Moodygiantpiano

> But, that's Pete, and that will always be Pete.  You get what you get, and
> that's it.

Yeah, when I first The WHO in '89, in Cleveland, Pete was in a kinda quiet,
pissy mood.  Plus with the whole 90%-acoustic performance & his limited
movement, I found myself concentrating more on Daltrey & OX.

OX I could watch all day.  Of course I mean watch him play his guitar, not
watch him on some sorta cybercast, internet thingy with cameras set up around
his house!  Wait.....maybe I *could* watch that.

But to see that son-of-a-bitch play that bass guitar with such fluidity......
That, I could watch all day.

Have you ever picked up a bass guitar?  They're fucking heavy.  And to fret
a note, you gotta press like a motherfucker!  'It's so very, very, very hard!'

And then to watch OX use the instrument as an extension to produce such
melody & mischief!  He plays it like a brass instrument!  That Middlesex
Youth Orchestra training sure payed off!

So if Pete's in one of his 'I-don't-want-to-be-here' moods, you can always
rely on The OX to be there for you.  Long Live The OX!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need a tissue.

> Damn good point.  Something in me still would like to see Zak up there with
> TED.  It's kind of like saying "ok, we're no longer the memory of the past,
> we're now a band in the present and here is our drummer now.  Take it or
> FUCK OFF."

They tried that with Kenny & look what happened.  Constantly ridiculed.  Con-
stantly derided.  Shame!  Shame!

Incidentally, I just purchased a nice, smallish poster advertising The WHO's
1979 Pittsburgh show on Dec. 2.  The main reason I bought it is because it's
a Kenny-era poster with *his* picture included amongst TED.  One fourth,
ya know what I'm sayin'?

I put my poster up in my cubicle at work, & it greatly helps me get through
my day.  Anyone else bring The WHO to work in some form or another?

- SCHRADE in Akron