RE: Moodygiantpiano

>From: "Scott Schrade" <schrade@akrobiz.com>
>Subject: Pete Moods
>
>Very true.  When you see Pete Townshend perform live, you don't just see
>Pete Townshend.  You see Pete Townshend plus whatever moods/baggage
>he's brought to the show.
>
>It may not always work to your benefit but isn't that refreshingly human?

I kind of felt sorry for those in attendance at the MSG 10/6 show where Pete
said very little except his rant against The Post.  He was obviously pissed
due to that article.  The "Pete show" is very much part of The Who.  Never
will forget the look Stu and I exchanged when we realized the "surly" mood
Pete was in at Camden.  Something like "oh man, we're in for it tonight!".
Talk about grins from ear to ear!!!!!
But, that's Pete, and that will always be Pete.  You get what you get, and
that's it.
God I love this band.
Human, just like us.

>From: Pilam76@aol.com
>Subject: Re: keyboardsandPete
>well does rabbit go to press conferences..the papers only show a picture
with
>ted???

Damn good point.  Something in me still would like to see Zak up there with
TED.  It's kind of like saying "ok, we're no longer the memory of the past,
we're now a band in the present and here is our drummer now.  Take it or
FUCK OFF."
Does that make sense?  I think it would make a statement.
And, why not include Rabbit?  Hmmmmmmm? I'm not sold on that part yet.

>From: Jeff House <jjthandmeh@juno.com>
>Subject: Re: Broader Audience
>
>me "You are assessing "Lion King" entirely from your point of view.
>
>ML "So are you. So does everyone. That's kinda like saying "The sun is
up.""

Are you guys *both* talking about the *album* Iron Man???  I can't help but
think Jeff was talking about the movie The Iron Giant (which *would* be a
logical comparison to The Lion King), which BTW I think has made great
inroads into the intended audience.  My nieces and nephews-in law now have
their own copy!
I'll take the Iron Giant in a fight over that little pesky and whiney kitty
anyday (no offense to your daughter Jeff, just as long as she doesn't turn
out to be a Zep fan.  Yes, I know you're reading Lori ;).

>If I write a post to this list with the specific intention of drawing out a
>particular person in a discussion, one measure of the quality of my post is
>whether it had the desired effect :-)

Is that considered a good quality??   I feel so manipulated.   ;-)

>From: "Brian Cady" <cadyb@home.com>
>Subject: Re: keyboardsandPete
>
>I'm probably being my usual old-fashioned self, but I'd rather hear The Who
>with piano than organ or synth.

Not "old-fashioned" at all.  I like to think of it as being a purist, and
I'm right behind you.
The piano adds that grandeur that Quad deserves.

Stay in Tune,
Kevin in VT