RE: As The Who turns; The Who of our lives; General Who-spital?

Hi all!
5 lbs. heavier and still a bit pickled, but I'm back!  My sincere apologies
for not wishing everyone a joyous holiday before I departed on my annual
pilgrimage down to DC and B-more.  The time got very tight, and just plumb
forgot to send out an E.  Hope everyone has been having a blast.  If not,
there's always tonight!!  Get out there and get wild!  Throw some lawn
furniture or something!

Want to thank my Who-connection in DC for forwarding a copy of Pete's post
to my folks' address.  I got it Christmas Eve.  A nice present indeed!
Some questions:
Destiny's Child?  Are you kidding me?
What does "Phwoar" stand for?
What is an "arghse"?
What is a "rockery"?

Silly English expressions.  ;-)

Interesting how the posts are now gone.  I'm leaning on the
financial/business side as the reasons why.  But, who knows.

I'm really puzzled that Rog doesn't want to do a theme album this go around.
Doesn't make sense to me.  The greatest Who successes have all been due to
Pete's themes.  I can see why Pete would be a bit peeved at this.  Probably
is what's responsible for the little "digs" at Rog in his post.  I can
almost hear Pete: "oh bloody shite.  You want me to tour, you want me to
keep The Who going, yet you don't want to use my ideas?  Haven't you learned
anything over the past 3 decades????  While the band may be ultimately your
band, it's been *MY* ideas that have kept us going and made us successful!
Oh, by the way, the songs you've written suck." (see John in the background
shaking his head and muttering silently to himself "here we go again".)

>From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: any news on sites and cities?
>
>Approximately the same cities and venues as last year?

Anyone's guess at this point.  But please, please no stadiums!  U-u-ugh.

LEEDS DELUXE ISSUE:
Many thanks to my wife-y for getting me the deluxe LAL!  Yes, I've been a
very good boy this year.
I have the same gripe about Tommy being on a separate CD.  Astley's little
rant of "you can't please everyone" about this in his recent interview  kind
of pissed me off.  Did it please *anyone*?  I mean this logic of not wanting
Tommy being interrupted by having to change CD's is stupid to me.  So,
instead, if I want to hear the concert in it's true form, I have to change
CD's twice????  And then indicate the correct track when I put CD1 back in
after listening to Tommy???
Didn't seem to be a problem on IOW.  I'll probably burn a copy to reflect
the actual concert. Did the same thing with my Jap. IOW video.  Just not
right *not* ending that show with Pete smashing his electronics.
BUT! Other than that minor disagreement, I love it.  The clearer banter is
worth it alone.  "Taste of chicken <sage>".  Baaaaaaahahah!  Keith kills me!

>From: "Scott Schrade" <schrade@akrobiz.com>
>Subject: Re: What if...?
>
>I'm back.  Boy are the Holidays fucking with me....

Put the bottle of Jegar Meister down *slowly*, put your hands above your
head, and step away from the computer!

>What did Pete say?

Nothing.

>Did he say The Who were going to tour next Summer,

now son, don't be silly.  They've been dead since 1929.

>make an album

Ha!  Good one.

>& clean my bathroom?

I told you to put the Jegar Meister *down*!!!!

>Was that what he said?

Yes! Put the Jegar Meister down!

>Jesus H.  And then - all of a sudden - the post is taken down?  What gives?

Not the button on my trousers!

>(Anybody else get a homo-vibe - what with Pete's seeming obsession with
>Roger?)

Oh man.  Too late.  Jegar has entered the building.

>Here's what I think:  Roger sat Pete down & said, "Listen, you cunt, The
>Who is all I got!  I'm gettin' old.  I wanna have as much fun on this
planet
>as I can!  I wanna create as much good spirit as I can....in the time I've
got.
>*You,* Pete Fucking Townshend, owe it to me!  You created this monster
>& it still carries me!  I need it!!  I want as much of that Who-feeling as
>can get!!  You big-nosed etc., etc.!!"

See above for Pete's reply.....and add: "you short, cocky, non-song writing
fock!".

>Big guilt trip.  That's what Pete got.  And you know what?  He's giving in
>to Roger.  Hear that, EnglishBoy?  Hear that?!!  *He's giving in to Roger.*

He's not giving into anything he didn't want to do in the first place.
HEAR *THAT* ENGLISHBOY??  Well, do ya???  *He's letting Roger think he's
giving in, and then will use it to insist on having The Who do The Boy Who
Heard Music.*
God bless Pete.  God bless The Who.  Oh hell, while we're at it...God bless
us every one.
Anyone see Schrek this holiday?????????

>We're gonna get more Who tours & maybe a new album.  All because of
>Roger's pestering - God bless him.

Yes, but are we gonna get new Rog songs, or a masterpiece Pete theme that
will live for eternity???

>I bet Pete got all fucked up on Rolling Rocks & posted that message.  "Hey,
>Pete!!!  Too late to go back now!!!  You committed!!!  That new album
>better be good!!!"

Rolling Rock is actually quite the in-beer in Europe these days.  Isn't that
right Bjorn?!
This isn't the first time we've seen a retraction.  I seem to remember the
BBS closing generated some diary second guessing.
Ahhhh, we're too fast for ya Pete old boy!  We see and feel ya!

Kevin in VT
absolutely mad about Bowie's version of POL on Substitute.

Just to be clear, I love Rog and everything he has done for The Who.
Without the never ending soap opera of Rog vs. Pete, The Who wouldn't be
what it is today (see John still shaking his head and muttering in the back
ground).