Re: Pete's cash cash

>OK, me being the cynical financial type, thinks it was Curbishley who told
>Pete to take it down.  Aren't The Who without a current record deal?
>Doesn't Trinifold have more leverage if they hold out for more $ saying
>Pete is reluctant?  Do they lose that if Pete talks of recording again?

Reactions to this post have been as interesting as the post itself.  If you
read through it, there's nothing you can pin down as a real slam to Roger,
and actually a couple of possible compliments.  There's no statement that
they're currently working on an album, or that a tour has actually been
organized and approved by Trinifold.

This seems like another one of Pete's little notes when he's in a mood to
share his current thoughts with a million or so fans.  Assuming it does
include an allegory, it sounds like possibly he and Roger had a talk that
ran long enough that Roger missed lunch with their former publicist, and 1)
Pete and Roger still have an aesthetic gap that Pete has mentioned before
2) they've postponed work on a possible new album again (no surprise) in
favor of warm-up gigs for Royal Albert Hall  3) they've postponed work on a
possible new album again in favor of a concept project Pete wants to work on
  4) Pete has agreed to go on tour with The Who again next summer (assuming
that everyone else agrees and Trinifold can get it together)  5) Pete is
still pissed-off at various rock critics that he expects will review his new
concept project poorly.

Since Pete posted the little follow-up note about irony, I'd say he's gotten
unpleasant feed-back from somewhere about the perceived slam to Roger, and
decided to take the post down rather than try to justify it.

We've discussed the likely difference in rock aesthetics before.  Pete has
complex and classic leanings, and Roger wants practicality--and perhaps
Pete's comment about brain-farts relates to this collision and Roger's
decision to go on a tour instead of insisting on immediate recording
sessions.  Also, it sounds like Pete may have offered material that Roger
views as inappropriate for The Who.  The two of them have worked out
excellent albums together in the past--maybe just because of the tensions
brought about by their different styles--and likely fans second-guessing the
decision-making process is worse than useless.  I do love the rock opera,
though.  F*** the critics.  ;)

keets