Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V8 #343

Magik wrote among other things:

> First, let me say that I was always a PT fanatic, from the very start (first
show: Forest Hills, 7/31/71). But, luckily, after seeing them many times on
the tour2k, from very close range, I started to admire RD more than ever,
especially when I realized how much Pete fucks with him behind his back. He's
always making faces, like what's he doing now, particularly when Roger is
playing harmonica. I suddenly, for the first time, saw a bit of jealousy
coming out of Pete. It seemed to me that Pete wants and needs all the
attention, almost all the time! And hates when someone is cheering Roger over
himself. Hard to believe, but I felt it many times. Still hard to believe and
unfortunate to be so talented and still in need of acceptance.

> It's no wonder why that RD may look like he is taking a back seat to Pete
looking for his nod of approval from him, but Pete is constantly breaking his
balls, on stage, in full view. Imagine, the greatest band in the world and
Pete sneers at Roger like he's a piece of crap, sometimes. Then suddenly, he
has a change of heart and becomes gracious to him. Ying & Yang, the eternal
struggle of an extremely talented ego, battling with his spiritual side and
his demonic side. It certainly is a sight to behold, from a few feet in front
ot them. And this goes on all the time. How would it make you feel that you're
being put down like this. It's a tad embarrassing and shameful, imho.

Nice post.  This was a wonderful observation.   Thanks for sharing it.
Pete is, after all human and flawed, and Roger is a very good friend to him.
This goes to prove Roger's loyalty to both Pete and John, and the fans.
We owe him for this.  This is truely the case of the Tiger and the Trainer -
which one commands the biggest applause is anyone's guess - both are
important to the act though!

Joe in Philly

Joe Lewinski
ICANON Associates, Inc.
Phone: 610-313-1850 x 115
Fax: 610-313-1848

NEWZware is a product of ICANON Inc. - Visit our web site at
http://www.icanon.com/ for more information on ICANON, the company, and its
suite of products and services.