Re: Mastering and slavery

>  >I'm generally not an easy person to offend.  There's something about
>>making fun of a little kid's tragic death that doesn't sit right with me.
>>I probably should have waited and reacted in the morning when I didn't have
>>the urge to use expletives.  :-)
>
>I didn't take it that way.  I just thought Scott meant the Clapton household
>wasn't to be trusted with small children.

I don't think that's what he meant.  I thought it was just a
tasteless joke.  Scott?

>Normally people don't blame any of the household for the accident, but
>ultimately the child's safety was their responsibility and they blew it.  I
>can see holding them accountable.

The boy fell from a window that the housekeeper had left open.
Clapton's girlfriend (and Conor's mother) and the housekeeper were in
the other room.  Clapton wasn't even there.  So even if they're held
accountable...now Clapton is re-married and you're saying that
because of that incident, the "Clapton household shouldn't be trusted
with small children?"  Isn't that putting a strike against Clapton
and his wife for no reason?

Jason