Re: Keith mess up in BOR-TKAA and John mess up at CFNYC

>Where is Keith's mess up in TKAA-BOR?  haven't listened to it that closely.

I don't have TKAA handy, so somebody else (any drummers in the house?) will
have to nit-pick that one.

>Also, john's mistake isn't really noticeable to me in CFNYC version.  What
>was it exactly?  did he come in too late?  roger's cover of the mistake was
>awesome, then, cause it sounded good.

It's always more fun when it goes off the rails, isn't it?  You get to watch
them scramble.  :)

John is supposed to produce syncopation, and he didn't.  It is a MAJOR
problem in the rhythm.  Watch Roger take a deep breath before he goes for it
without the rhythm to follow.  Watch this terrific shot of John where he
depresses an eyebrow approximately one millimeter in dismay when he realizes
he's off.  Watch Pete laugh at them as they rock through the rest of it.
(Note:  Never play poker with these men.)

>haven't seen TKAA video (i know, shame on me), so i can't compare the two
>visually- but to listen to, i find CFNYC to be the better version in pure
>audio terms.  i do agree that the bass and keyboard kick in at the start
>should be louder, though, but on all other terms, CFNY is superior.

My sister commented that it built up excitement really fast--likely because
of the slow start on the harmonica.  They're so happy once they get it
together that they really blaze through it.

keets