Re: Don't Brace Your Eye?

> > I thought it was "traise."  Hmmm.  Will have to listen to it again.
>
>But it isn't really "raise" with an "r" sound, is it?  You, too, hear
>another initial consonant sound?  Maybe you're hearing the carry-over "t"
>sound from "don't."  I hear a "b" sound.

Oh, dear.  You really are serious about this.  Definitely you need to seek
help.  ;)

But, okay, I need to seek help, too.  I got out CFNYC and listened two or
three times to Pete doing his thing.  He's doing what singers are always
advised to do, which is the "traise" thing.  You're supposed to do that on
"t" ending words so you sound nicely enunciated and British, and not like
some (white trash) Southern Cracker or a speaker of Ebonics or anything like
that because you drop ending sounds.  The only problem is, Pete is making
quite a bit of volume there, so the transition is pretty explosive.  I think
he's cutting the "t" sound off by closing his mouth, and that alters the
sound.

Ever notice how Roger spits on "p" sounds?

keets