Spocking the audiophiles

From: Stuart Pittman <stoo@CAE.COM>
"I just don't understand the attitude displayed by some of .igtc's frequent
posters.  What is being seen is a criticism of Odds&Sods/audiophiles by the
same crowd who belittle "casual Who fan" rock critics. This is quite
bizarre, wouldn't you say?"

Stoo,
I can't speak for the crowd or any of the other posters, but as a pretty
frequent guy I can explain my attitude.

I find the audiophile criticisms of Astley to be a curious social
phenomenon.  Some of the critics have been very aggressive in pleading their
case to the powers-that-be *in* The Who.  I find this behavior fascinating
in a Spock-like way.  I bear no anger, just curiosity.  What is it that
would lead an audience member to take their criticism of a piece of art
directly to the creator?

I still don't know the answer.  Maybe I don't really want to know ;-)

BTW, isn't this mail list a pretty bizarre idea when you get down to it?
One thing I really enjoy about these discussions is the social aspect.  None
of you people are real, you're just a bunch of input devices into my
computer aren't you?

:0)

Jeff