Re: new who?

Scott Schrade wrote:

(actually, someone else wrote the quoted question below)

> > Analyze "Eminence Front" for me, please.  How is it constructed?  What is it
> > that makes the song a hit?

Scott wote this:

> Sometimes it's as simple as a catchy riff.  Da da-da da (a-chucka-chucka-chucka)
> da da-da da.....

Very catchy, and yet, one of Towser's most pedestrian riffs.

> OK.  Keep the music kinda simple & the lyrics sparse.  Why?  Perhaps because
> the song is about simple (i.e. stupid) & sparse people (intellectually).  Fakes.

Not the first time this theme has been explored by Towser and Co.

Sometimes I think the "simple and sparse" theme refers to a
particular band member, but I'm not his greatest advocate.

Oh Well!.

> Plus, the song is bitchy & pessimistic.  Sorta QUAD-like.  Can't go wrong there.

Absolutely perfect (short of the drumming).

> But it's mostly the riff.........(in this case).

It's *always* the riff in Rock Music, the words are secondary,
unless you're talking other genre's of music that are folk based
(Dylan), country and western (yawn), or PoP ditties for the young
titties (Herman's Hermits), etc., etc., ad infinitum.

The 70's hit, "Dance to the Music" was correct!

Does ANYONE ***EVER*** dance to the lyrics??????

TheSlipKid~