Re: new Who?

> >>P.S.  Roger nailed one last fall.  Everybody can feel that challenge at
> >>the end of "Crossroads Now."  Whatever else he says isn't terribly
> >>important, because those two lines will carry the whole song.
> >>
> >Lord, I hope they don't feel the same way, or they're doomed.
>
>Analyze "Eminence Front" for me, please.  How is it constructed?  What is
>it
>that makes the song a hit?

Well, it had a simple yet compelling riff. And after I got back from the
dictionary to look up eminence and figure out what he was talking about, I
thought, "cool." If there was ever a theme song for LA or Hollywood, this is
it. "Come and join our party dressed to kill." What a great added refrain,
if that's what it's called. Of course, the thing that kills me about the
song is that fact that the guitar solo is at the BEGINNING of the song, not
in the middle, and not as this grandoise build-up. How fucking
revolutionary!

I just thing the whole "Crossroads now" thing is a tired, unoriginal theme.

-gern