Re: CD Rip off

> I was in the so-called news game at the time and all I remember hearing up
> to the final fire was, "what the hell's the matter with the government?
Why
> don't they just go in and do something?" Afterwards that was changed to,
> "what the hell's the matter with the government? Why did they go in and do
> something?"

Brian:

Exactly. And I wonder how Reno is held responsible for a fire Koresh himself
set. But I guess it's all in one's perspective. It's like imagining how the
Micropublicans would be howling if Chelsea Clinton had acted the way Jenna
Bush is...

> Go to www.amazon.co.uk.  It is not on the U.S. Amazon site....

Jon:

Thanks!

> But he hasn't broken any US laws while in the US.

Well, I don't know all the details. It may be an attempt to write law
through other existing law.

> entirely legal--wasn't that in Italy?  I didn't hear anything about the US
> arresting any employees of Italian companies for bootlegging.

There was a big bust in Florida.

> attempting to squash competition by arresting the employees of foreign
> competitiors.  Shades of William Gibson.

Welcome to the Bush era.

> standpoint, it seems like Pete might have the right idea.  Musicians have
> always made more from performing anyway, and the radio/TV play is just

Actually, no...in the last decade or so the cost of live performance has
been such that it's usual a band breaks even on a tour...especially if they
have a lot of regalia along (read: Stones tour).

> fully functional version of their software yet.  Maybe the arrest is to
> discourage them from releasing the full version.

That would be my guess, and hoping to set a precedent for an international
law.

"I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I
   believe and what I believe-I believe what I believe is right."
            George "My IQ is 91" Bush

               Cheers                 ML