RE: DogsPrivacyMTVOXBlarneyMusic

First off, a big thanks to Brian for his "The Who this month" pieces.
Always fun.

>From: Sigel James Civ 10 ABW/LGCW <James.Sigel@usafa.af.mil>
>Subject: RE: Kids/Attractive
>
>Would I come off as a freak if I told the list that I think (thought) Joey
>Ramone would have really looked good naked?

YES!

>Kev, I must say to you - "Hi, my name is Jim and I'm a dog lover too."

Hi Jim!  You're not part of some sort of 12-steps program for dog lovers,
are you??
;-)
What I like about my two boys is that their enthusiasm for any activity is
just down right infectious.  (song)"Digger the Dog, Digger goes waking with
you when you explore.  Just pull his leash, he'll go for a walk. He's your
dog for sure!"

>From: "Jeff House" <whocasa@hotmail.com>
>Subject: bottom of the barrel
>
>I loved my dog more when she was a pup.  What does that make me?

Someone who's endured too many chewed up shoes????
Keep it clean Jeff, or I'm gonna write Melanie!

>From: "Jeff House" <whocasa@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Fwd: Duo record Who covers album in tribute to Keith Moon -
Ananova Alerting

>It will feature tracks from a cross section of The Who's repertoire,
>including Acid Queen and Miles And Miles.

What the fuck is "Miles And Miles"?  I've lost confidence in this project
already.

>From: Oshangrl@aol.com
>a prescription bottle from
>England that has Roger Daltrey on it called "Ledermycin"

I don't need or want to know about stuff like this.  It's a pretty serious
violation of the man's privacy.
I liked the rest of your post though!

>From: "Scott Schrade" <schrade@akrobiz.com>
>Subject: Re: LanceTedeschiSchradesSexualPreference  (some who!)
>
>I admit it it!  I've looked at Pete's ass.

GASP!
Hey, much better looking than Robert Plant's!
(Hi Lori! you poor misguided fool ;o)

>Actually, I've always loved Pete's onstage movements -  the dips,
>the dives, the jerks, the swerves.  Those facial expressions!

I think my favorite has to be from IOW, I believe the song is "I don't even
know Myself".
The way Pete kind of dances while he's playing some lead portions, and the
way he kind of bobs his head side to side, and the expression of "this is a
cool beat, and I'm into it".
Just makes me feel good.

>From: "Scott Schrade" <schrade@akrobiz.com>
>Subject: Re: MTV Turns 20 - I Want My MTV - WHO Cares?

>Truthfully, MTV affected me quite a bit
>& I loved it.  I remember getting home from school in 9th & 10th grade
(1981,
>1982) & immediately switching on the TV to watch videos untill 11:00 at
night.

I missed out.  My parents were too tight to allow Cable (still are). My only
recollection of MTV in High School was from weekend parties.  But, once I
moved out and got cable, I loved it!  Finally!  We weren't trapped by the
Friday and Saturday night vid. shows!  What were they called?

>I started getting into groups I never knew existed. Plus all the New Wave
groups, some punk,
>etc., etc.  Wonderful times.

That was the hook for me.  Head Bangers Ball!!!   Yeaahh!!!  Ball busting
head-banging music and exposure to all those "sick" groups with all that
hard sound.  Don't get me wrong, I wasn't (and still am not) a mettle-head,
but HBB was the only place where you could see what the Punks and then
grunge were up to.  Plus, it scared most people who watched it with me.

>Then Michael Jackson & Thriller hit & the quick slide to Shitsville started
immediately
>& gained speed quickly.  That's about when I bailed.  What was that?  1984?

And then.........depression set in.  I bailed a bit later, but still only
watched HBB and the such.  Thank God for VH1.

>Remember, MTV was HUGE in the early 80's.  It confused & scared a lot of
people.
>The MTV of today is a corporate, money-making, non-entity.

That 'bout sums it up.

BTW:  JACKASS RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>From: Hanicram45@aol.com
>Subject: Re: Digging the "Ox" Physical
>
>Hey, I think JE is hot (white hair and all) and have thought so for lots of

>years, and yes, I dig him.

Yeah for Ceenie!
I dig him too.  He's always brought dignity to The Who.

>Love his voice and great hands

Into hands are we?

>plus I like the way he dresses, his humor, and when he flashes it, he has a
killer smile.

When John smiles (or does anything for that matter), people take notice.
Got to love the kiss Pete and John exchange at the end of Detroit 2000.
That scene is priceless.

>From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Musical influences
>
>I picked up some NPR shows where Irish and Bluegrass played back to back,
>and the similarities of technique and chord structure are obvious.

I'm so glad you caught that!  I was driving in my truck, heard the show, and
immediately thought of you.  Was thinking, 'damn, Keets should be listening
to this!'.

>From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: Pete's Web site
>
>If they got over a million hits in the first year, it'd be in the
>neighborhood of 3000 a day, right?

Thanks.  When I didn't get a reply, I did some calculations.  Silly me.
Or, is that lazy me.

Stay in Tune,
Kevin in VT