Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V8 #200

Last night I took a walk down memory lane while I was cleaning up my
basement.  I opened a box and found some more "Who" items that I didn't put
in my shadow box.  Since Chicago was the last city of the '71 tour and their
rooms were paid up at the Water Tower till that evening, I stayed in Roger's
room till it was time for me to go to the airport.  Some of the things that
he didn't feel was important enough to take with him and me being 18 years
old did...were the following:  a giant plaster ear, (I decided to give that
to Roger when I saw him a few months later and he said they all bought each
other gifts while out shopping in Chicago and that was what he bought for
Pete), their official itinerary, a container of Tro-Kays (sore throat
lozenges and one was left), a telegram from a girl in PA, a container of
Cuckoo..Gutta Percha Tooth Stopping sticks???, a prescription bottle from
England that has Roger Daltrey on it called "Ledermycin"  that says he should
take them four times a day, his room key and last but not least a few pieces
of his curly blonde hair that was in the sink.  I also found old Rolling
Stone magazines with Pete/The Who on the cover and old Who concert programs
that I want to read someday when I get the extra time.  There was also an old
college year book that
had a two page story about me and my travels with the group.
Long Live The Who,