Re: Remasters

> > I can see that point, but wouldn't you be irritated if Pete completely
>abandoned ED and The Who in favor of Broadway?
>
>Presented with the choice of "either or" I'd have to answer Yes.

I think we're all very lucky that Pete has made up with ED, and is not, at
this very minute, busily writing away on a solo Broadway career.  It's sort
of his new toy, and if he's excited about it, then great.  It may actually
have a lot to do with this current Who revival, as Pete may be using The Who
to work out and promote his Broadway ideas, but who cares about his motives?
  It works.

> > And likely that's because Pete's the only one who's even that
>interested.
>
>I wouldn't count on that. My instincts tell me Roger might be more
>interested.

Nah.  Roger wants to sing.  Well okay, maybe he could stand writing another
song or two for The Who, but heaven forbid that he has to sit there and
listen to all that old music.  ;)

>How would he know anyway? It's not like you can hear the difference
>yourself until it gets bad.

People move their mouths and nothing comes out?

> > If they won't release music when they were at their
> > peak what makes you think they will record something now?

>OK, back to it. Besides, Bruce, they HAVE recorded something "now" if you
>consider BTTB and the upcoming DVD of the RAH show.

Plus various mp3 singles, currently available as promotional give-aways from
Pete.

>Another thing to consider: they might have a lot more control over new
>material, whereas the old stuff would have to be released on MCA.

Someone posted here recently that MCA had blocked certain releases of old
material that TED had proposed.  This kind of circumstance makes the
bitching pretty senseless.

Maybe it should be directed at MCA instead of TED.

keets