No Subject

So Roger is a strange addition to this little group of artists.  You'd
suspect maybe Jeffery Osbourne recommended him.  I seem to recall Osbourne
worked with the BRS one summer.  (Is that right?)  Anyhow, Roger has that
talent of suggesting different styles.  He has a tendency to suggest the
classical here (slight range problems, but still very gripping), and
provided the important transition to the R&B.  He did a short solo with the
R&B artists at the finale, and doesn't quite have that "horrible vibrato"
down yet, but he blended very well.

If an official version of this ever gets to be available, I'd certainly
recommend it.  I think I'd be somewhat bored at a performance of the
original.  It's very powerful music, but the whole thing is so long and so
dense (runs an hour, maybe?) that generally what you get is just a couple of
excerpts instead of the whole deal.  Adding the R&B segements broke it up
and made it interesting.

keets