Re: Well, we're waiting Mr Cady

And here's my QUAD Soundtrack re-release review (also from weeks ago):

Well, I got my QUAD soundtrack re-release in the mail from Amazon.com.uk
this weekend.  It sounds good.  Crisp & vibrant, though "I'm the Face" seemed
noticeably hissy.  But that's not criminal enough for me to vote for the drawing
& quartering of Jon Astley.

I still enjoy the original QUAD 1973 mix as opposed to the 1979 soundtrack
remixes.  The '79 mixes *are* brighter but OX's redone bass lines are much
more trebly & this takes some of the ooomph away.  And to this day I'm still
unsure if the added synthesizer stuff in "I've Had Enough" is really cool, or really
annoying.

Still, it's the differences that make this soundtrack viable in the first place.  If
they had just taken the original '73 mixes & tacked on the non-WHO stuff we
might've felt cheated, I suppose.

No new liner notes in the booklet.  Just the re-release credits & the now obliga-
tory U.S. & U.K. chart positions which just makes you mad at people you've
never met from the past for not buying more WHO albums.  I believe all the pic-
tures from the record sleeves are included and of course all the non-WHO tracks
as well.

Oh.....what's with that "Joker James" song?  I'm kinda glad *that* got left off the
original album.  QUAD's a stark, serious piece; best to leave out the song with
lyrics about a whoopy cushion.  The music kinda rocks, though.

Oddly, I just noticed a 2000 Polydor copyright date.  If the other movie sound-
track re-releases have the same date, that means these were printed last year
& sat in some warehouse for months while we were none the wiser.  Maybe they
were put on hold till the WHO 2000 tour was finished.  Does it matter?

Final Grade: B

- SCHRADE in Akron